                 Release: S2_2
         Discussion Lock: Any
        Operating System: None
         Planned Release:

Posted by user salex in the forums,
http://forum.freeciv.org/viewtopic.php?t=6174

--

Hi

Having played FreeCiv 2.2 I decided to post my feedback regarding a new
trireme behavior

Good things:
----------------------
It is possible to follow shallow water and explore more land, I like it!

Bad things:
--------------------
I can follow _only_ the shallow water, which creates a number of problem
during a game:

1. Sometimes there is no shallow water near the sea shore which prevents a
trireme from sailing along the shore. Is it a bug or feature?

2. There is no way you can cross a small gulf if there is a deep ocean
between continents. I find it very stupid.

3. If another player trireme is on your way, you cannot overtake it if the
shallow water width is just one tile.

Proposal
Put back a possibility for a trireme to enter tiles with deep ocean and sink
it if it ends a turn there, as it was in the early versions.