On 25 May 2010 17:29, Bernd Jendrissek <bernd.jendris...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think the city governor does store something on the server.  I'm not
> sure what exactly.  Unfortunately the data is (or was, or I'm
> mistaken) endianness/alignment-sensitive.

 CMA saves settings for each city. "Player attribute" packets are used
for this (saving arbitrary client data). See doc/README.attributes.
For a long time attributes are considered overkill, and there has been
plans to remove them completely. Only because nobody has found time to
actually remove them, have they survived. If you *do* need them, be
sure to make that known by everyone who might otherwise remove them.
 I have never thought of endianness issue, but now you mention it...
network code handles attributes as byte arrays, so yes, endianness
issues of 16, 32, and 64 bit values must be handled in such a code
part that knows what attribute block actually contains.

 - ML