I think we should merge "Arrange widgets for small displays" and "Merge the
message notebook and the map notebook". What we really need is:
* Classical Freeciv.
* Small display (like with former "Arrange widgets for small displays").
* Very small display ("Merge the message notebook and the map notebook").

"Split bottom notebook area" may interact alone, because it's mostly a
multiplayer option, to be able to see messages and chat on the same time. In
the 2 first cases, they should separate the bottom area horizontally. In the
third case, the chat tab and the message tab should go to the right and be
split vertically.

This is just a proposition. Maybe some things should be renamed according to
those changes.