Update of bug #15559 (project freeciv):

             Assigned to:                   cazfi => jtn
         Planned Release:             2.2.4,2.3.0 => 2.2.4,2.3.0,2.4.0

Follow-up Comment #42:

Stealing this bug in Marko's absence; I intend to commit the patches to S2_2,
S2_3, and trunk soon, unless anyone objects.

Patches rebased against current svn. I've performed many of the same tests I
did before, including verifying that I can still see the original problem and
that this fixes it (having upgraded to Ubuntu 10.04 in the meantime).

I noticed that the v8 S2_2 patch additionally added NI_NAMEREQD to a call to
getnameinfo in server/sernet.c, whereas the trunk one didn't. I assume this
is a stray bit from experimenting with bug #16509 (which was happening around
the same time), the eventual patch for which conflicts with this. The
consensus in bug #16509 seemed to be that NI_NAMEREQD wasn't required,
anyway, and it doesn't seem relevant here, so I've dropped it from the S2_2
patch. George, is that OK?

(file #11363, file #11364)

File name: S2_3-trunk-plural-listen-v9.diff Size:18 KB
File name: S2_2-plural-listen-v9.diff     Size:18 KB