Le mardi 30 novembre 2010 à 14:47 -0800, David Hartglass a écrit :
> I'm working on improving upon an existing (but old) api to freeciv
> (windows).  A big part of this involves updating our methods that deal
> with packets, but we've been encountering problems so far with either
> not having enough data or the server sending strange packets early
> during game setup (ie PACKET_NUKE_TILE_INFO or
> PACKET_DIPLOMACY_CANCEL_MEETING_REQ).

You are clearly hacking to connect an incompatible program to the
server. You must share the exact protocol of the server. This is
protected by the network capability string.

> For example, currently the type CONNECTION is SINT16, however this
> gives us errors (setting CONNECTION to be UINT8, as in the older
> versions, fixes this).  Is CONNECTION supposed to be SINT16?  If not,
> are there likely to be other such errors in the packets.def file?

This change (r16375, patch #1363) is very problematic because it affects
the packet PACKET_SERVER_JOIN_REPLY which must be compatible between
Freeciv versions. This may be a blocker for the S2_3.