I get the error if I force compilation of qt (--enable-client=qt). It is
expected if not all requirements are fullfield but I have a c++ compiler as
well as the needed headers (libqt-devel).

OK, I did further investigations (even ./configure needs lot of time ...).
The search path for the QApplication is not the expected one. I have to set
it:

--enable-debug=checks --enable-client=qt --enable-aimodules=no
--with-qt-dir=/usr/include

(opensuse has qt4 in /usr/includes)

In the qt-client.m4 file 'qt-dir' and 'qt-includes' are mixed:

     AC_ARG_WITH([qt-dir],
                 [  --with-qt-includes path to Qt includes],
                 [QTINC=$withval],
                 [QTINC=/usr/include])

With the above listed options I got it working. Thanks for your comments.
They set me on the right way and sorry for not checking all this myself in the
beginning.