Thanks for all the comments. This makes it easier to make additional fixes on
top of my patch. I don't think I'll use Matthias's patch. From the commet #13
alone (not reading the patch itself) it seems to make things wrong way:

- fix variable name (GUI_qt_CPPFLAGS => GUI_qt_CXXFLAGS)
It should be CPPFLAGS, not CXXFLAGS. I assume proper fix is needed
elsewhere.

- add LIBSADD=" -lQtGui" if nothing is set (needed?)
That was already the case. You seem to be adding "-IQtGui" to CPPFLAGS though
when testing if all needed include dirs are set already. Doesn't seem like
correct behavior for me.