etc. I think this should be cleaned up in freeciv.net side.

... gotta go without analyzing individual patches... just quick note
that nosave.diff and noquitidle.diff should not be needed once patch
#2536 has been committed.

I agree that making the freeciv -> freeciv.net diff smaller where possible is a great goal. Most of the patches to the Freeciv.org server have been created because some functionality was missing in the Freeciv.net client or Freeciv-proxy. This means that removing most of these diffs would involve implementing the corresponding functionality in the Freeciv.net web client. I have documented all the patches here:

http://code.google.com/p/freeciv-forever/wiki/FreecivNetPatches

 - Andreas