                 Privacy: Public
         Planned Release: 2.3.0,2.4.0

The old native gui-win32 hasn't been released since 2.1.x, and even then it
was marked as "feature-incomplete and unstable". I'm pretty sure it wouldn't
even build in 2.2.x or 2.3.x.

As well as cluttering up source code searches, I recently realised that it's
creating unnecessary work for new translators, as there are strings from this
client that appear in no other client.

As I understand it, the one advantage this client had over Windows builds of
the Gtk2 client was that it worked on non-NT OSs (Win95/98/Me). In 2011, I
think it's reasonable to drop support for these; certainly I've not noticed an
outcry at our lack of win32 releases for 2.2.x. (Also, the wiki
<http://freeciv.wikia.com/wiki/Download> seems to indicate that the SDL client
is an alternative for diehard Win9x users; it's certainly better-maintained
than gui-win32.)

The "patch" will mostly consist of svn deletions, although there will be some
changes to infrastructure. If there are no objections within a week or so,
I'll probably start working out the details (as I can't find a previous
proposal). I'll target both trunk and S2_3 in order to benefit translators.