"I think the button should be renamed to "Sell Redundant" (to avoid confusion
with the technical meaning of "Obsolete")."

I'm not sure there is a benefit in having two separate buttons to sell the
given type of building.  Why not just have a single "Sell" button that is
always effective and is backed up by a "Are you sure?" type requester?

FWIW, i frequently want to sell buildings that are otherwise effective and
the "Sell All" doesn't help me.  For instance, once Gunpowder is being
researched i would like to sell off Barracks and do without for a few turns.
Selecting Barracks in the Economy tab and clicking "Sell All" doesn't seem to
accomplish anything in this case?