johnnie crockett writes:
> I would like to inform you of a bug in your recent beta. I observed that any
> setting I put for "aifill" other than "5" reports a "read error". the inputs
> I've tested so far are as follows: 126, 125, 100, 99, 6, 5 (working), and 4.
> All of which, except 5, fail. Each input was tested being greater than, less
> than, and equal to, the maxplayers setting, but still failed. I hope you can
> resolve this issue. please reply if you have any questions.

I couldn't reproduce this in a quick server-only test. Which operating
system are you using, and are you launching the server from the client?

It would be helpful if you could report this problem to the bug
tracking system to decrease the chance of it being lost.
<http://freeciv.wikia.com/wiki/Bug_Reporting>