>From the comment of David Lowe it appears as if the saved files were stored
on my computer.

However it does not look so, as I access the game from totally different
locations and still see the same list.

Another error in David Lowe's comment seems to be the statement that when one
starts a new game the new saved files overwrite the old ones:  I did try that
before and it was not like David says.

Obviously David does not know what he is talking about.

The problem is not in the use of a Windows Explorer but in filling up by junk
the server space Freeciv rents from the host.

This is why at least some primitive command line "Delete" or similar command
is needed.

I have searched "/help commands" but found nothing of the sort.