Response to comment #4:

I would give whatever information is required as soon as you tell me what
information I need to write.

I have not played the saved games with any options as I did not notice for a
long time that there is in fact a command line interface. When I noticed it, I
only increased the timeout and asked for nothing else.

When I started new games the old save-games were NOT REPLACED,
When I press the button "Load" it opens a list of 1304 saved games.
Saves 1 to 147 are for the game where I played one nation from 2800 BC to 280
AD, saves 148 to 241 are for the game where I played another nation from 4000
BC to 160 AD, and saves 242 to 1304 are for the game where I played a third
nation from 2700 BC to 1610 AD.

All the old saves I tried right now can be loaded just as well as the last
save.