Update of bug #17825 (project freeciv):

         Planned Release:                   2.3.0 => 2.3.0,2,4.0

Follow-up Comment #6:

Seems to work well for me, thanks. (I can't now remember the details of what
I was struggling with in this area.)

> Is something similar needed for other clients?
I don't think any other client shows anything less than the full minimap
here.

As for bug #17802, I've committed it in your absence, and cloned it across to
gui-gtk-3.0 on trunk.

If I ever revisit my ideas of comment #1, it'll be under a new ticket.