Marko Lindqvist writes:
> On 29 July 2011 02:30, Jacob Nevins <no-reply.invalid-addr...@gna.org> wrote:
>> Attached patch makes secfile reading treat \r\n and \n\r line endings the
>> same as \n, if it sees them (e.g., if opening a file with DOS/Windows line
>> endings on Unix).
>
>  I don't know if there's anything in this patch making Windows testing
> necessary, but I made a Windows build with it regardless for your
> testing pleasure.
>
>  http://www.cazfi.net/~cazfi/fcwintest/freeciv-2.3.0-RC1+-r20033.zip

Thanks, that was useful. Detailed results in bug digest.

Did this build also contain the uncommitted patch for bug #18396 (the
bzip2 one, file #13687)? This presumably affects whether the files are
opened in text or binary mode (although I haven't checked thoroughly).
I don't think it should materially affect the conclusions, but it would
be good to know.