On 30 July 2011 17:06, Marko Lindqvist <cazf...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 30 July 2011 16:53, Jacob Nevins
> <0jacobnk.fc...@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:
>> Marko Lindqvist writes:
>>>
>>>  I don't know if there's anything in this patch making Windows testing
>>> necessary, but I made a Windows build with it regardless for your
>>> testing pleasure.
>>>
>>>  http://www.cazfi.net/~cazfi/fcwintest/freeciv-2.3.0-RC1+-r20033.zip
>>
>> Thanks, that was useful. Detailed results in bug digest.
>>
>> Did this build also contain the uncommitted patch for bug #18396 (the
>> bzip2 one, file #13687)? This presumably affects whether the files are
>> opened in text or binary mode (although I haven't checked thoroughly).
>> I don't think it should materially affect the conclusions, but it would
>> be good to know.
>
>  No, I considered having them both patches in that build, but thought
> that you probably want to test effects of single patch without
> worrying what the other patch does to results. I can make another
> build with both patches in, of course, if you want to test that.

 Uploading...

 btw. I plan to make only builds like these (freeciv in one zip) in
the future. As you are the only one who has ever successfully used
these builds, would you mind writing short instructions how you setup
your system, including l10n stuff? I could only give untested theories
about the setup myself. Forum thread about my builds is one place
where such instructions should exist, so feel free to comment there
directly.

 - ML