On 20 August 2011 02:12, David Lowe <doctorjl...@verizon.net> wrote:

>        Do we have a policy on which versions of OSX we support?  If not,
> maybe we should have a conversation toward that end.  As a starting position
> i'd like to suggest that our binaries should be able to run on OSX versions
> that are officially supported by Apple [10.7, 10.6], as well as the previous
> version [10.5].  Yes, that does mean continuing to supply PPC binaries for a
> few years more.

Do we have people able to do those builds? If not, stating (binary)
support in some official policy will not make it to happen. Having it
never-actually-executed part of our policy would only make one to
doubt reliability of our official policies in general.

 Source code support is different thing altogether, of course. We
should not break things so that *nobody* can build freeciv on OSX
version still supported by Apple. That's basically equivalent of how
we are not going to increase minimum autoconf requirement past what
any still supported ubuntu releases (including oldish LTS ones) have.

 - ML