On 19 Aug, 2011, at 11:15 PM, Marko Lindqvist wrote:

> Do we have people able to do those builds? If not, stating (binary)
> support in some official policy will not make it to happen. Having it
> never-actually-executed part of our policy would only make one to
> doubt reliability of our official policies in general.

        Yeah, that is a problem.  Volunteers will do what they are willing to
do and i'm certainly don't want to force anybody to do otherwise.  OTOH,
supplying binaries that only work in a sliver of currently running Macs is
nearly the same as supplying no binaries at all.  I just feel that there is
room for improvement [in a perfect world we would have a self-contained
application bundle that doesn't need a password to install], and it can't hurt
to ask if we as a project are happy with what we currently offer.

        Back to the main topic, any sane build from a Snow Leopard or XCode 3
system *should* be able to run on all Intel Macs - only PPC support adds any
difficulty.

> Source code support is different thing altogether, of course.

        I fully agree.

Sent from my MacBookPro

"Rabbit au gratin de gelatine under tooled leather... drool, drool!"