                 Release:
         Discussion Lock: Any
        Operating System: None
         Planned Release:

I just upgraded my system to kubuntu Oneiric. It was a painful upgrade,
because of problems with the graphic card's proprietary drivers. To make a
long story short, I did a clean install, so I had to reinstall everything
required by Freeciv to compile.

autogen.sh worked beautifully, and everything compiles just fine, but now,
when I start Freeciv, I get a black map screen, with no decorations, and no
menu. I'm attaching a desktop capture. There must be a problem with GTK?

This is the output of dpkg --list | grep gtk

ii  appmenu-gtk                           0.3.0-0ubuntu1
     Export GTK menus over DBus
ii  appmenu-gtk3                          0.3.0-0ubuntu1
     Export GTK menus over DBus
ii  avidemux-plugins-gtk                  1:2.5.4-0ubuntu7.1
     a free video editor - GTK plugins
ii  freeciv-client-gtk                    2.2.7-2ubuntu1
     Civilization turn based strategy game (GTK+ client)
ii  gtk2-engines-oxygen                   1.1.2-1ubuntu1
     Oxygen widget theme for GTK+-based applications
ii  kde-config-gtk                        2:0.5.3-1ubuntu2
     Configuration module for GTK+ appearance in KDE
ii  libdbusmenu-gtk3-4                    0.5.0-0ubuntu3
     library for passing menus over DBus - GTK+ version
ii  libdbusmenu-gtk4                      0.5.0-0ubuntu3
     library for passing menus over DBus - GTK+ version
ii  libgpod4-nogtk                        0.8.0-3build1
     library to read and write songs to an iPod
ii  libgtk-3-0                            3.2.0-0ubuntu3
     GTK+ graphical user interface library
ii  libgtk-3-bin                          3.2.0-0ubuntu3
     programs for the GTK+ graphical user interface library
ii  libgtk-3-common                       3.2.0-0ubuntu3
     common files for the GTK+ graphical user interface library
ii  libgtk2.0-0                           2.24.6-0ubuntu5
     The GTK+ graphical user interface library
ii  libgtk2.0-0:i386                      2.24.6-0ubuntu5
     The GTK+ graphical user interface library
ii  libgtk2.0-bin                         2.24.6-0ubuntu5
     The programs for the GTK+ graphical user interface library
ii  libgtk2.0-common                      2.24.6-0ubuntu5
     Common files for the GTK+ graphical user interface library
ii  libgtk2.0-dev                         2.24.6-0ubuntu5
     Development files for the GTK+ library
ii  libgtkglext1                          1.2.0-1.2fakesync1
     OpenGL Extension to GTK+ (shared libraries)
ii  libwebkitgtk-1.0-0                    1.4.3-0ubuntu3
     Web content engine library for Gtk+
ii  libwebkitgtk-1.0-common               1.4.3-0ubuntu3
     Web content engine library for Gtk+ - data files
ii  libwxgtk2.8-0                         2.8.11.0-0ubuntu10
     wxWidgets Cross-platform C++ GUI toolkit (GTK+ runtime)
ii  python-gtk2                           2.24.0-2
     Python bindings for the GTK+ widget set

File Attachments:

Date: Sun Oct 30 23:01:24 2011  Name: screenshot.png  Size: 105kB   By:
jcreus