> Why are these values limited to 9 and 1000? Sometimes i browse
> thru the event cache to determine when my enemy is most likely
> to log in.
As this are arbitrary values something had to be defined at the time the
corresponding patches were written. At that time, no one had such big games.
The values can easily be updated. Perhaps you could create a patch, which
updates the default to something like 5 and also updates the max values (20
turns / 10000 messages?). All values are defined in game.h.