I read in ./generate_packets.py:

/****************************************************************************
 *                       THIS FILE WAS GENERATED
*
 * Script: common/generate_packets.py
*
 * Input:  common/packets.def
*
 *                       DO NOT CHANGE THIS FILE
*

****************************************************************************/

Now... probably the problem is in common/packets.def, but I don't find
anything. In this file I have edit only 3 rows:

Original

TECH tech_requirement;
UINT8 impr_requirement;
GOVERNMENT gov_requirement;

Edit

UINT8 reqs_count;
REQUIREMENT reqs[MAX_NUM_REQS:reqs_count];

Generate_packets.py generate packets.def or vice versa?