Patch. I consider this best compromise between cleanliness and functional
correctness. We don't currently know if settings in effect are initial
defaults, or if they are read from file (which can be identical to initial
defaults, of course). This has no bad effects here, as migrating from gtk2
settings even if they are just initial defaults merely causes gtk3 client
initial defaults to be "replaced" with identical values.

For similar needs in the future we should add another internal setting
"settings_from_file" that is FALSE unless loaded from conffile as TRUE (
secfile_lookup_bool_default(FALSE) ), and always saved as TRUE to conffile.

(file #15925)

File name: Gtk3OptionsMigration.diff      Size:4 KB