Marko Lindqvist writes:
> I actually would like to hear opinions about Ancients ruleset's
> status. Should it be in default modpack list?

I've been meaning to ask about that. READMEs that are around
<http://download.gna.org/freeciv/contrib/modpacks/ancients/ancients-2.0.2.README>
suggest that Daniel used to look after it around 2.0/2.1. I guess
you've been caretaking for 2.2/2.3 and would like to know if it's
worth it? I guess the original author(s) are long gone.

I don't know about the default modpack list, but it looks functional
and even has its own tileset, which is more than most of the available
modpacks. On the other hand, I haven't tried actually playing it to
see if it still plays well.

If we are keeping it around, perhaps we should also rescue the
Ampcients tileset (well, unit set) from
<http://apolyton.net/showthread.php/167274-Unit-pack-for-Ancients-modpack?s=>
assuming the licensing works out (it's derived from Amplio which is
GPL, so it's also GPL, right?) and turn it into a modpack download (or
just include it with Ancients).
(It needs Amplio and we don't have dependencies for modpacks... yet...
but if we just make it download Amplio files to Amplio locations, you
should be able to install either or both of Amplio and Ampcients and
everything will probably Just Work with just one copy of the files on
the user's disc... right? Or we could just make it use Amplio2 tiles
which are guaranteed to be installed.)