> Would it be better or worse for the usability if "Shift + T" behavior
depended
> on whether cargo can exist in current tile or not - all units would get
> activated, but those that can exist in transporter tile would also get
> automatically unloaded to that tile.

This is ideal: fully unload all units that can exist in the target hex.  Those
that can't, stay in the transport.  It is also exactly what i'm seeing now
[2.4.0b1]

One case worth considering is when there is a second transport in the same
hex.  Is it unrealistic/impractical to move, say, Freight from one ship to
another in the middle of the ocean?  Hmm, i seem to recall there was another
tracker item about this topic but i can't find it just now.

> Or should this work (as I suppose it currently somehow does) that you first
use
> "Shift + T" to activate cargo, and then "U)nload" them, or unload them using

> citydlg present units area.

That's certainly not the way it works for me now, and i don't remember it ever
having been that way.  After "Shift + T" the units are out [or at least awake]
and ready to go to work when it is their turn to be activated.  'Manually'
unloading them can be done without "Shift + T" - this is what i do when i wish
unload different units in different cities.