> If so, would need some way of asking permission from the
> receiver, which would be tricky UI-wise as pop-ups are already
> problematic, and we don't want donors abusing such pop-ups
> maliciously during a time-critical situation.

What about just sending an event (chatline/messagebox) to receiver at the time
when donor tries to add settler. Then the receiver can go to city dialog when
ever it suits him/her for accepting new citizens with a button added there.
Problem is what happens to settler meanwhile. Should donor lose it
immediately? Permanently (even if receiver declines)?