>> I would say that the UI should match what the client's player
>> know. But maybe global observer should know the vision of each
>> player in edit mode (of course, this would require more work).
>

> I think I could implement this. But I would need a new packet
> (PACKET_PLAYER_TILE_INFO).

S2_4 has been in network protocol freeze for a long time, so I'd rather leave
protocol changing part out (even though if we must, we can do it with optional
capability). I'm not at all convinced that suppport for rather special case of
global observer doing editing work is worth the memory wasted (consider 128
player game with huge map).

Let's first just limit the UI not to access or to display knowledge
information of other players (with the special case of global observer being
that everyone is "other player")