CC Sampling Plus was the original licence for the sounds at the time, but it's
GPL incompatible.

Since then, freesound.org have deprecated CCSampling+ and have been asking
owners to relicense their sounds when they log in:
http://www.freesound.org/help/faq/#licenses-2

So, many but probably not all of the sounds are now available under a
different licence.

If someone could go through and work out how many of the sounds are under a
compatible licence, that would be help. (I've been vaguely meaning to cook up
something automatic to do so, but that's true of many things.)

If it turns out that say 90% of the sounds are usable, we could probably find
alternatives for the rest. (We could try contacting the original compiler,
Gavin van Lelyveld; his email address is in the -dev archives.)

(We discussed this before somewhere -- think it must have been on the old
forums.)