One thing I have to decide about accepting contributions to upstream cvercmp
is licensing. Currently I have copyright of everything in there, so I have
freedom to relicense / dual (and more) license how ever I wish. I'd like to
keep that right to myself - not so much for cvercmp itself as for some other
projects where I have copy of it included.
Obviously by submitting copy to freeciv I've given that version out as GPLv2+
at least (but I can still dual-license it).

One solution would be jtn granting copyright over his contributions to me (the
fsf way of handling contributions)