Follow-up Comment #4, task #7729 (project freeciv):

I've announced the Windows packages despite this not being closed, as they
seemed to be up and I'm unlikely to have time tomorrow. Hope that wasn't
premature in some way.

> The binaries contain debug symbols and in case of a crash a
> backtrace gets saved in 'freeciv-server.RPT' or
> 'freeciv-gtk2.RPT' in the installation directory already.
  [...]
> For some reason the source file/line information is missing in
> the client report, though. Even 'objdump -dSl' does not show
> it for the client, but GDB does.
Aha, so perhaps no extra files for us to keep around.
I wonder if a MinGW cross-compiler gdb would work for me to access this stuff?
Hm.

  <http://gna.org/task/?7729>