On 13 October 2013 23:22, Marko Lindqvist <cazf...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It's about time we list what features we still want to go in to 2.5,
> and start following our progress. At this point idea is not to list
> every detail and single patch, but the bigger features.
> Here's list of features I think should make it to 2.5 (not necessarily
> complete - I may have forgotten something) I hope other maintainers to
> reply with their own additions and comments to the list.
>

> patch #4190: Split translations to multiple po-files
>
> If we are going to add information about what translation domain translations
> about the nation should be fetched to the rulesets, it must be done before
> datafile format freeze.

 This has been implemented to the extend I dreamed about, but the
ticket has been given to jtn to further evaluate what more is needed.

> Qt-client
>
> Qt-client is coming along so well that it would be a shame not to get it
> to "supported client" status in 2.5. Mir3x probably keeps on working on
> Qt4 based version.
> It's such a long time before 2.6 is to be expected, that I really don't want
> to make Qt-client of 2.5 Qt4-only. We need to support building against Qt5
> too. I'm working on that.

 It's 2.5 now.

 New Qt-client related item is that I'd want freeciv-mp-qt to be in
good enough shape to be used in those installations that use
Qt-client, so one does not need to mix gtk-based freeciv-mp-gtk[23] to
Qt system.
I'm working on this.

> patch #3448: "Nation sets": allow set of nations that will ever appear
> in-game to be chosen
>
> Affects both network protocol and ruleset format, I think.

 There has been some progress.

> patch #4088: Included dependencies of sdl-client

 SDL_gfx has been handled.

 SDL_ttf remains. We have files modified from the upstream, so it's
more understandable, and it's not clear if one should touch that part
in stable S2_5 any more.

> bug #17887: Tech prerequisites misdisplayed in help if root_req set
>
> For a long time this was release blocker for 2.4, until we just worked
> around the need to get it done for 2.4. I hope we will not be forced to
> do that again with 2.5.

 No progress.

> gtk3-client as default
>
> Gtk3-client is default client in 2.5. Its remaining issues should be
> resolved that it would be worthy of that status.

 There's windows version available now, but it has performance issues.

> Missing art: bug #20536, bug #20032, bug #20031, bug #20029, bug #20030
>
> Getting art contributions has always been hard and wait long. This also means
> that we try to avoid creating more art needs to S2_5. Such needs should be
> created earlier in the release cycle giving more time for someone to actually
> do the work before the release.

 About the schedule:

 1) Would targeting 01-Mar-14 as datafile format freeze be ok for everyone?
 If yes, 2) Would targeting network protocol freeze about half a month
later (15-Mar-14) be ok?
 If yes, 3) Would targeting beta1 couple of weeks later be ok?

 - ML