Summary: Tidy up requirement descriptions
Submitted by: jtn
Submitted on: Fri Jan 3 04:55:30 2014
Priority: 5 - Normal
Status: In Progress
Assigned to: jtn
Discussion Lock: Any
Following on from patch #3841, a patch to rework the text generated by
insert_requirement() to fix various issues.
Also a couple of other places like worklist_change_build_target().
* New text for "survives" requirements (wonders and nations).
* Acknowledges that wonders can go obsolete and describes the effect of this.
* Distinguishes Player/Alliance/World ranges for achievements.
* Distinguishes Local/CAdjacent/Adjacent ranges for CityTile.
* Use textyear() for MinYear requirements.
* Fixes i18n plural issues of bug #21269.
* Fix format string issues.
* Remove the words "extra" and "resource" -- I'd like "extra" not to appear in
the UI (the ruleset names should stand on their own in context). e.g.
"Requires the %s extra on the tile" -> "Requires %s on the tile"
** However, I have qualified the strings for i18n, on the basis that resources
tend to be plural words and extras tend to be singular.
* Technology: "requires you to have researched" => "requires to to know"
(research is not the only way to meet tech requirements)
* Bails out for more unsupported ranges rather than generating inappropriate
* Typos and grammar.
Reply to this item at:
Message sent via/by Gna!
Freeciv-dev mailing list