As with city range requirements, I would go to "check once a turn" model with
this.

1) Any kind of requirement gets checked, and at well-defined point (unlike
enabler itself not being checked, but getting noticed next time something
completely unrelated happens to tricker the check)
2) Never multiple heavy nested iterations (all cities * all road types * all
reqs) in turn change when multiple things change at once (gaining tech,
multiple wonders getting finished, global warming caused terrain changes
everywhere...)

Requirements that can change mid-turn are rare, and we probably wouldn't be
testing any of those anyway?