Update of bug #21126 (project freeciv):

         Planned Release:     2.4.2, 2.5.0, 2.6.0 => 2.4.3, 2.5.0, 2.6.0

Follow-up Comment #7:

> perhaps we should put this cleanup back to 2.4.3

Since you made it clear that it's not "obviously correct", we shouldn't risk
2.4.2 with it, true. Even if we deem it more than "cleanup" (sse below), it's
not "reggression" nor "high severity" either.

> I think the only issue is in loading then saving a pregame
> savegame (which is somewhat theoretical)?

Does it really require loading old game first? Isn't there a problem even if
one "/create" a player (maybe even having aifill != 0 suffice?) and then saves
in pregame? Use-case for that would be creation of new scenario, one where is
no map but all the other settings, including players, set. Updating such a
scenario would be use-case for load + save, of course.