There are lots of interesting topics on this forum, I need to register :)

For Polish none of the options is particularly transparent, but neither is
"Freeciv". I like "Cultomundi" because it sounds nice, but I don't think it
would ring a bell for Polish speakers (which is not necessarily a
disadvantage, we are quite used to foreign words in proper names). One
proposal that I can think of is "Ad Astra", which would highlight the
aspect of scientific development and would fit in nicely with the concept
of sending the spaceship to Alpha Centauri. It also comes from a Latin
phrase, so there is a change that it would ring a bell to most of European
and Anglophones,

Hubert

On 29 January 2014 23:49, Marko Lindqvist <cazf...@gmail.com> wrote:

> For many project members are active only in these mailing lists, and
> not necessarily following the forums, here's a link to forum
> discussion about project name. It's still just speculation about
> changing the project name, but I want to keep all members informed and
> welcome everybody's input.
>
> http://forum.freeciv.org/f/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=235
>
> Translators might have extra insight since in that discussion we have
> not limited our options to English language name.
>

>  - ML

Hubert