                 Release:
         Discussion Lock: Any
        Operating System: None
         Planned Release:

I have been playing freeciv v2.5 these days (compiled from source, rev 24652,
under kubuntu) and I have noticed that my laptop runs out of memory (2GB) when
I play for several hours. It has happened several times, and it uses to end
with a forced close of freeciv-gtk2 due to "lack of memory" and a forced
restart of my pc.

It is very noticeable when it starts using swap and I can hear the continuos
write on disk. If I monitor the memory, I can see how it runs out of phisical
ram, sort after that I start losing the control of my pc (mouse,
ctrl+alt+supr, and even ctrl+alt+F1), and if I do not kill freeciv process,
some time later the pc is automatically restarted.

If I close freeciv when it starts using swap memory, and I relaunch it, I can
continue playing without problems.

I think I can recreate it, tell me if there is someway to get useful info.
Once, I tried to run freeciv from gdb, but there are no error messages, nor
core dumped... the pc just runs out of memory and it is forced to restart with
a message like "freeciv-gtk2 killed due to lack of memory, the system is going
to shut down".