As an example, do you mean that if a ruleset prohibits Railroad on Mountains,
Railroad is AlwaysOnCityCenter, and cities are allowed on Mountains, the
Railroad is removed when the city is destroyed if the city is on Mountains,
but not if it is on Plains (which otherwise permit Railroad in the ruleset)?

If so, I agree entirely.  I'm still catching up on the extras code, but would
the attached patch accomplish that, or should it also consider whether the
extra was AutoOnCityCenter in the first place?

(file #20500)

Additional Item Attachment:

File name: remove-unsuitable-extras.patch Size:0 KB