             Assigned to: sveinung
                 Release: TRUNK
         Discussion Lock: Any
        Operating System: None
         Planned Release: 2.6.0

It is possible to establish a trade route from non native terrain. It is
possible to establish a trade route to an enemy city even if it is occupied.
Ordering a Caravan in a Transport to establish a trade route to an occupied
enemy city on a neighbor tile don't work. Ordering the unit to establish a
trade route using the arrow keys work as expected.

The first attached patch
(0003-All-units-that-can-establish-a-trade-route-can-act-f.patch) works around
this by giving all units capable of establishing a trade route the "Marines"
unit flag or the "AttFromNonNative" unit class flag. This makes it use the
existing support for those flags in the path finding code.

The second attached patch (0004-Force-Marines-when-TradeRoute.patch) applies
on top of the first. It makes it more extreme by forcing all units that can
establish a trade route to have "Marines" or "AttFromNonNative". Since this
may be controversial I separated it from the other. Should it be made
configurable if establishing trade routes can be done from non native,
something I hope to do, the checks will obviously be removed again.

Unless anyone objects to it I'll commit both.

File Attachments:

Date: Fri 02 May 2014 04:16:17 PM UTC  Name:
0003-All-units-that-can-establish-a-trade-route-can-act-f.patch  Size: 5kB
By: sveinung

Date: Fri 02 May 2014 04:16:17 PM UTC  Name:
0004-Force-Marines-when-TradeRoute.patch  Size: 5kB   By: sveinung