                 Release: S2_5 r24940
         Discussion Lock: Any
        Operating System: Any
         Planned Release: 2.5.0, 2.6.0

Some current rulesets allow cumulative Veteran_Build effects for sea units
from both the Port Facility and a wonder, so that players with both would get
Hardened sea units.

We deliberately allowed this for Sun Tzu (patch #3062). However, unlike that
case, in these cases the player's strategy would have to be quite distorted to
get the bonus, since Port Facility and the relevant wonders are in quite
different places in the tech tree, and often there's only a narrow window
before the wonder is obsoleted. I don't think we should create an incentive
for play like that, and I assume the current situation is an accident.

* classic, experimental: It's possible to get Port Facility without obsoleting
Lighthouse (Magnetism), but it's unlikely unless you do it deliberately.
* multiplayer: The relevant small wonder (Magellan) is never obsolete, so
cumulative effect with Port Facility is quite likely.
* civ2civ3: Lighthouse-obsoleting tech, Engineering, is prerequisite for Port
Facility. You could only see this if you conquered a city with Port Facility
while having inferior tech and Lighthouse.
* (The civ2 ruleset has the same structure as classic, but only has one
veteran level. It should still be fixed for the sorts of reasons in bug
#22080.)

Shall we remove the cumulative sea veterancy from all these rulesets?
By default I'll assume yes; if no-one complains (or gets there first) I'll
take this ticket before 2.5.0.