                 Release:
         Discussion Lock: Any
        Operating System: Any
         Planned Release: 2.4.3, 2.5.0, 2.6.0

Split out from bug #19176:

Random tech loss can currently get rid of a self-root_req'd technology, i.e.
one you can only acquire by special means (such as being given it at the start
of the game).

This is a barrier to implementing rulesets with multiple tech trees, since all
tech loss must be forced off for such rulesets to be usable.

Since we've cleaned up a lot of other blocking issues with root_reqs recently
(bug #17887) I think we should fix this at a minimum.
(Targeting to S2_4 means that root_req rulesets require a minimum minor
version, but that's already true with all the fixes that went in 2.4.2, I
think.)

I think it should be uncontroversial that these cannot be lost through the
tech system, since they can't be gained through it.

(The special case of self-root_req techs is simpler than the general case of
bug #19176, since we don't have to worry about diplomatic transfer, stealing,
etc -- all of these are impossible for such technologies.)