This should be feature (patch) and not a bug.

I should have some half-finished proof-of-concept patch about this made a year
or two ago. The idea was not to tie scenarios to certain rulesets by defining
ruleset names in it (what if someone forks default ruleset for making just one
minor change - shouldn't it be possible to load most savegames with that
ruleset too?) Instead I would go by using our capabilities mechanism. Rulesets
would have capability string for scenario loading, and scenarios would have
list of capabilities requires. The main complication is in standardising each
capability (what units "standard_units" ruleset *must* contain = scenario can
freely depend on)