Update of bug #22079 (project freeciv):

             Assigned to:                    None => persia
         Planned Release:                         => 2.5.0, 2.6.0

Follow-up Comment #1:

I believe the attached patches solve the problem: adding bases and considering
the effects of RF_ALWAYS_ON_CITY_CENTER and RF_AUTO_ON_CITY_CENTER for 2.5,
and the same consolidated logic for extras for 2.6.  Autogames with these
patches applied complete, but I'm not really sure how to validate if this does
the right thing (and don't believe the autogames really exercise much, as I'm
not running against a ruleset that would have a lot of this, and the AI
doesn't build this kind of base for these rulesets anyway).

Also, I'm not confident of my use of virtual tiles and virtual cities here:
from reading the code, I *think* this does the right thing, but I'd appreciate
if someone else could review my patches and confirm this (and don't plan to
apply this until that happens, such is my uncertainty).

Note that I don't know if this *should* be solved, only suggest that the
attached patches would solve it: if someone thinks we oughtn't do this, I'm
happy to see them discarded.

(file #21217, file #21218)

Additional Item Attachment:

File name: consider-base-defense-bonus-when-founding-city.patch Size:7 KB
File name: consider-extras-defense-bonus-when-founding-city.patch Size:5 KB