On 1 July 2014 18:15, Andrew McGrath <and...@checkout51.com> wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I'm trying to get a freeciv server up and running and I'm faced with an
> issue when running freeciv-web:
>
> ubuntu@ip-10-236-131-195:~/freeciv$ freeciv-web

 The interface between freeciv and freeciv-web is not very clean at
the moment (going to right direction, though). Anyway, there's only
some pieces for the freeciv-web functionality in freeciv sources, you
cannot build fully freeciv-web capable server from plain freeciv
sources. If you want to work specifically on freeciv-web, and not
upstream freeciv, you should get sources from
https://github.com/freeciv/freeciv-web and follow build instructions
there.

> This is the server for Freeciv version 2.5.99-dev
> You can learn a lot about Freeciv at http://www.freeciv.org/
> This freeciv-server program has player authentication support, but it's
> currently not in use.
> 1: Could not find a readable "styles.ruleset" ruleset file.I'm actually
> interested in contributing to the project long

 This particular problem is because freeciv does not contain
freeciv-web compatible ruleset at all - something I'm currently
evaluating. It would make sense to move its maintenance to freeciv so
it would remain compatible with freeciv server, but then getting any
rule changes freeciv-web needs when updating to newer freeciv revision
would require extra patching in freeciv-web side and submitting those
changes back to upstream freeciv.

 - ML