bug #22275 seems to be related (or more like the cause).

I have two entries in my database config file (attached) and with "-d 3" I get
the bug #22275 warning twice between the message that server starts to read
the config file and the "invalid conversion" error.

I'm not aware of any non-ascii characters anywhere in this setup, and every
part should be set to use UTF-8.

It turns out this build is not --enable-debug one (comes from my public server
scripts, now named as "pubcaz" system). I'll make --enable-debug build next.

(file #21307)

Additional Item Attachment:

File name: fc_auth.conf                   Size:0 KB