                 Release:
         Discussion Lock: Any
        Operating System: Any
         Planned Release:

Something that's been annoying me for a while:

In rulesets with illness, when a city loses population due to plague, quite
often it will grow back the same turn, as there is no loss of foodbox and the
reduced city size likely has reduced growth requirements.

Quite often I see a pair of messages in a single turn (for a city that started
at size 4):

Menheniot has been struck by a plague! Population lost!
Menheniot grows to size 4.

That is, the plague has had little net effect, beyond possible loss of a few
food points.

To avoid this, I think plague should more or less empty the food box, the same
way starvation does: drops to 0 without a granary or similar building, or some
food is saved if such a building is present.

My only doubt is in which version to introduce this rule and whether it needs
to be optional.

I think it's too disruptive for a stable branch, but I'm inclined to do it
unconditionally in 2.5, unless someone objects.