I agree the first one is odd and should be fixed.
I'd suggest to change the resultant transformation to Forest->Hills (in 24
turns), same than in v2.6. But I'm not sure if this would be savegame
compatible.

About the second point, I think both paths can coexist as different
alternatives to do the same.
If you transform Plains->Grassland (24 turns), and you have to move your
workers before they have ended, later you will need to start again from the
beginning.
The alternative path Plains->Forest->Grassland (25 turns) require 1 extra
turn, but once the forest is finished, you can move you workers and continue
later with Forest->Grassland (15 turns).
I'd find it problematic only if the direct transformation were more
expensive.

Or... we might change the time for Forest->Grass and Grass->Forest from 15
turns to 14, so the sum is 24.

With both changes, the result would be:
Plains->Forest->Hills (34 turns)
Grass->Forest->Hills (38 turns, instead of 39)
Grass->Hills (36 turns)