On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 4:05 PM, Michael T. Pope <mp...@computer.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 23 Mar 2015 09:28:58 -0500
> Caleb Williams <cale...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I found options for:
> > EuropePanel.w, EuropePanel.h, ...x, ...y.
>
> Deleting them should have worked.  Something weird is happening.  Does
> reverting back past the last EuropePanel.java changes (say to git.3de6e87)
> fix the problem?
>
> Cheers,
> Mike Pope

All:

I've tried modifying the following:

<integerOption id="net.sf.freecol.client.gui.panel.EuropePanel.w"
value="xxx"/>

For testing, I tried [3de6e8] and [7ef16d] as both revisions occurred
*before* a recent change to the EuropePanel.java file. The former is the
change you specified and the latter is one I tried from February 16, 2015.

For the test, I deleted the options.xml file. I reran the each commit and I
have found that the .EuropePanel.w was replaced with a value of 778. The
only similarity I found with further values was that for .ReportTurnPanel.w
which was the identical value. Changing the value (I changed it to 1000 and
900 for testing) and rerunning FreeCol produced no change in the interface.
The value were not replaced.

I compiled  [df01d9] (pre-0.11.0) and found that the update to
"<integerOption id="net.sf.freecol.client.gui.panel.EuropePanel.w"
value="900"/>" had no initial effect. Deleting the options.xml file had not
effect either.

What was interesting to me is that the model.option.playerName value
persists, so despite deleting the relevant .xml file that value persists
somewhere.

Because of that fact, I'm led to believe it's possible that these values
persist somewhere locally. Is that possible, and if so, where?

Thanks,

--
*Caleb R. Williams*