On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 5:04 PM, Michael T. Pope <mp...@computer.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 7 Apr 2015 10:15:02 -0500
> Caleb Williams <cale...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >I took the jar out, as I think, introducing any external dependencies
> > would be worth asking on mailing list in most projects.
> > Thank you. I couldn't figure out how to get that out of the commit (I
> guess
> > I should have just deleted the file). As noted, I don't know that this
> > dependency will ever be needed by the FreeCol project. There are a few
> > interesting components in the commons-lang3 dependency though that could
> be
> > worth a look for debugging purposes (such as time() being used to measure
> > how long certain tasks take).
>
> Please do not introduce new dependencies and/or packaged .jars without
> *really* strong justification.  It may make things easier for us, but they
> are a headache for several downstream distributions.
>
> Cheers,
> Mike Pope

Mike, et. al.,

Understood. No offense intended.

For the record, I believe you or another on the mailing list mentioned
checking the latest version of the dependencies presently included in
FreeCol.

   - commons-cli has been updated from 1.1 to 1.2 (it would seem 1.3 is in
   development).
   - There appears to be a non-final version of MigLayout 4.3 and 5.1, but
   development seems somewhat stale on the former, but active as of April 4,
   2015 on 5.1. Nothing final however.

Best,

--
*Caleb R. Williams*