Hi,

BTW, TO EVERYBODY (I forgot to say): changes will not be commited IMMEDIATELY, ok?

tom ehlert escribió:

emm386  RAM=m-n range for UMBs + EMS
emm386  ROM=m-n range of RAM to be used to shadow ROM

as soon as someone finds out what that's supposed to do _exactly_

My guesses:
RAM (you can specify it without parameters, in that case it is trivial: use both UMBs and EMS, and thus incompatible to NOEMS)
In any case, RAM should always be incompatible to NOEMS.
It's long ago since I last watched EMM386 code, but I seem to recall that there's some upper memory scanner to determine the memory that cann be used as UMBs, I guess that with this paramenter you skip the testing, as the user will tell you which gap of the memory may be used for UMBs and for the page frame. My suspicion is that you can specify more than one of these parameters.

ROM, my guessing is (only a guessing), it copies the memory of that range into several pages, and maps that phisical memory into those pages.

himem /INT15H=xxx
himem /HMAMIN=m
 prehistoric crap might be moved to Post 3.0

Ok, for the moment we'll leave it for post-1.0, quite more generic ;-)
I have never used int15h to allocate embs, which would be the impact of this for application compatibility? I guess not much, as I haven't heard complains about this yet...

backup / restore  Missing - Addressed (Ralf Quint)
 might be changed to 'missing' ( if someone ever missed that)

I'll leave it as it is, I know Ralf is working on it (although all of us have different amount of timeslice to work on FreeDOS I guess ;-))

setver (CALLVER, VERSION= in CONFIG.SYS)  Ready
should be changed to missing - it's simply not the same thing

Well, it may do the same functionality, that's why
(1) I said NOT MS compatible
(2) in post-1.0, specified that a compatible one is REQUIRED,
what about the rest? one more opinion on this and I'll change it (if you also think it is confusing as it is).

Aitor