On Mon, 26 Apr 2004, tom ehlert wrote:

> Checking MSDOS 6.2, the kernel doesn't move the EBDA if no UMB is
> found.

MSDOS 7.10 does move the EBDA though. What MSDOS are we looking at now --
the FAT16 kernel says 5.0, and the FAT32 says 7.10 ?

> in the default setting, moving the EBDA doesn't save any memory;
> setting switches /E:512 might enable 'MOVEEBDA' and would save low memory

Lucho had his reasons to implement it in the first place -- I have no idea
why we suddenly have all these problems surfacing after >6 monts.

I also wonder if we don't have a bug somewhere? I can't remember stories
of people being forced to use "SWITCHES=/E" for Windows 98.

I agree it's probably safer to not move it by default but I'd like to
know where the problem really is.

Bart