On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 13:54:09 +0300, you wrote:

Hi Lucho,

>What were the file systems - FAT16 or FAT32? I formatted FAT32 with FORMAT
>0.91r under UNSTABLE on 2 different disks here: 40 GB and 1.2 GB, and
>FORMAT did a great job on both, at that very quickly

I think you help Arkady compile that kernel, right?

Strange is when I do a FDISK delete partition, make a new FAT32
partition and format will report 'consecutive bad sector' error, I
have to boot Win98 (with F5) to format. It happen on 2 PC, so I think
it's not the hardware problem.

I change back to Bart's 2035 kernel and format work fine again ...
I'll try capture the screen with /D, see if any hints ...

Rgds,
Johnson.